Scissor Sisters singer set for X Factor judging panel?
Scissor Sisters singer Jake Shears is being considered as Louis Walsh's 'X Factor' replacement.
The star is in line to join the TV talent show panel is the long-standing judge is axed, although it is said Simon Cowell is keen to do what he can to keep his friend on the panel.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, a source said: ''ITV aren't sure about Louis and think it may be time for a change.
''Jake really impressed when he was a guest mentor on 'The Voice' but Louis is very much Simon's man, so we'll have to wait and see.''
Jake has admitted in the past he would love to play a part in ''one of Simon Cowell's shows''.
He previously said: ''I would be happy and very excited to appear on one of Simon Cowell's shows.
''I think I'd have a good time. I'd definitely be enthusiastic. I think it's a really wonderful thing.''
A source recently claimed Louis could be heading for the exit door under pressure from ITV.
An insider explained: ''What we've said is we want the panel to be as strong as it can be and if that means getting rid of people who have been on it before, so be it.
''The show is going through a creative renewal with Simon and Cheryl Cole back, so it's only right we make it as good as we can.
''It's not just Simon's show - it's ITV's, so we have a big say.
''It was ITV boss Peter Fincham that helped broker the deal for Cheryl to come back.''03-05-2014
- Amanda Holden
- Simon Cowell: X Factor didn't feel right last year
- Cilla Black's pool cleaner claims she died of stroke
- Cilla Black's post-mortem 'inconclusive'
- Cilla Black didn't want to live past the age of 75
- Cilla Black had complained about minor ailments recently
- Christopher Biggins: Cilla Black was 'very jolly'
- Cilla Black 'willed herself to die', according to Terry McCann