Scissor Sisters singer set for X Factor judging panel?
Scissor Sisters singer Jake Shears is being considered as Louis Walsh's 'X Factor' replacement.
The star is in line to join the TV talent show panel is the long-standing judge is axed, although it is said Simon Cowell is keen to do what he can to keep his friend on the panel.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, a source said: ''ITV aren't sure about Louis and think it may be time for a change.
''Jake really impressed when he was a guest mentor on 'The Voice' but Louis is very much Simon's man, so we'll have to wait and see.''
Jake has admitted in the past he would love to play a part in ''one of Simon Cowell's shows''.
He previously said: ''I would be happy and very excited to appear on one of Simon Cowell's shows.
''I think I'd have a good time. I'd definitely be enthusiastic. I think it's a really wonderful thing.''
A source recently claimed Louis could be heading for the exit door under pressure from ITV.
An insider explained: ''What we've said is we want the panel to be as strong as it can be and if that means getting rid of people who have been on it before, so be it.
''The show is going through a creative renewal with Simon and Cheryl Cole back, so it's only right we make it as good as we can.
''It's not just Simon's show - it's ITV's, so we have a big say.
''It was ITV boss Peter Fincham that helped broker the deal for Cheryl to come back.''03-05-2014
- Danny Dyer pens book about pubs and ghosts
- 'Celebrity Big Brother's Jenna Jameson wants romance with Tila Tequila
- Myleene Klass: My kids won't be sexualised
- Twin Peaks-inspired experience opens in London
- Kirsty Gallacher and Iwan Thomas for Strictly Come Dancing
- Jamie Oliver: 'Britain's Got Talent' must be sugar-free
- Simon Cowell not worried about Strictly Come Dancing
- Louis Walsh is the happiest he has been