Michelle Collins set for Strictly Come Dancing?
Michelle Collins is in talks to compete on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The former 'Coronation Street' actress could see her name value boost just in time for new casting opportunities and would give her a chance to spend more time with her daughter Maia in London.
An insider told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: ''Michelle has said before that the show appeals to her - and the timing would be perfect as there is always a casting rush in January.
'''Strictly' would raise her profile just as that rush begins ... For Michelle, 'Strictly' also has the bonus that it is London-based. She left 'Corrie' because she wanted to be in London with her daughter, Maia.
''So the last thing she would want is another job that would take her away again. 'Strictly' would guarantee her three months in London.''
Michelle has admitted in the past she would be happy to compete on the ballroom dancing show, even if her ''competitive'' streak led to a clash with the judges.
She said: ''Never say never - out of all of [the reality shows] I'd do 'Strictly'. But I'm quite competitive and I don't like to fail at anything.
''I'm not a very good dancer and I wouldn't take being criticised by Craig Revel Horwood very well. I would probably end up punching him.''04-05-2014
- Anthony Hopkins takes lead in HBO show
- Tom Daley: TV hasn't distracted diving
- Corrie slammed over robbery plot
- Nicole Scherzinger urged to snub X Factor
- Jacqueline Jossa: Dan Osborne romance going 'swimmingly'
- Katherine Parkinson unsure about IT Crowd reunion
- Billie Faiers named daughter after sister
- EastEnders' Aunt Babe is 'ruthless'