Samia Ghadie 'happy' with Coronation Street future
Samia Ghadie is ''happy'' to stay on 'Coronation Street'.
While the soap star - who plays Maria Connor in the show - admitted she hasn't agreed to a new deal yet, she insisted it is because her current contract is still going on ''for a while''.
Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday newspaper, she said: ''Despite recent reports I've not signed a new contract.
''My agent hasn't rung me for a few weeks but I'm contracted for a while so we're not even at that stage yet.
''But I'm definitely happy there and am not planning on any drastic departure or anything like that.''
She also admitted her character's recent behaviour with ex-boyfriend Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall) has been a different change of pace for someone who is usually portrayed as a ''victim''.
Samia added: ''Maria is obsessed with Tyrone and is thinkinig her life would have been all right if she'd just stayed with her first love.
''And, of course, it was Fiz who broke them up all those years ago. She started seeing Tyrone behind Maria's back so in some bizarre way she thinks she is taking back what's rightfully hers.
''Maria has always been the victim, so for her to go out there and cause all this trouble has been a real change to play.''04-05-2014
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio
- Claire King has left Celebrity Big Brother house
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged
- Kellie Bright 'honoured' by difficult rape storyline