Kylie makes Tim Phillipps feel 'pressure'
'Neighbours' newcomer Tim Phillipps feels ''pressure'' after Kylie Minogue vowed to watch him on the show.
The hunky actor has joined the Australian soap as Daniel Robinson, the son of iconic characters Charlene and Scott Robinson - played by Kylie and Jason Donovan - and he hopes the pint-sized pop star tunes in as promised during a recent interview.
He told BANG Showbiz: ''That would be so cool, I'd love it if she could tune in and see a bit of Daniel. I guess there is a bit of pressure now [she has said she will]! Hopefully she likes what I'm doing, it'd be a bit of upsetting if she didn't.''
While Kylie quit 'Neighbours' for pop stardom in 1988, Charlene and Scott's romance captured the nation's hearts, with a peak of 20 million viewers tuning in for the UK broadcast of their wedding that same year.
Tim feels the introduction of the couple's son - more than two decades later - could help bring back old viewers.
He explained: ''It's exciting, the fact that it was such a big time for the show and they were such big characters - it's nice to be linked in with that. Hopefully, with Daniel on the show it may be a reason for the people that loved it back then to tune back in. ''
And the actor would love Daniel's parents to drop by Erinsborough for a visit.
Tim added: ''I would love that. It would be super exciting because if they did come back - even if it was brief - a lot of their [scenes] would be with Daniel. It'd be a great experience for me to be able to work with them.
'Neighbours' airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.14-05-2014
- Robert Sugden to return to Emmerdale
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: I wasn't the 'real Bruce' on Strictly Come Dancing
- James Jordan to get own reality show
- Gino D'Acampo to stand in for Holly Willoughby on Celebrity Juice
- Jim Rosenthal wants Plebs wrestler role
- Jordan Stephens: I was 's**tting myself' during acting debut
- Sheridan Smith shaves head for new role
- Laura Main: Boyfriend cries watching Call the Midwife