Adrian Chiles: Good Morning Britain 'will be fine'
Adrian Chiles doesn't ''enjoy'' watching 'Good Morning Britain' ''suffer''.
The former 'Daybreak' host - who was unceremoniously axed from ITV's previous breakfast show along with Christine Bleakley in 2011 - has revealed his own ''stressful'' experience fronting early morning TV still gives him sleepless nights and hopes Susanna Reid and her colleagues fare better.
'Good Morning Britain' has struggled in the ratings since it launched last month, with viewers hitting as low as 400,000.
Adrian said: ''I haven't slept properly since [Daybreak]. It was a stressful time as you can imagine.
''I am not enjoying watching them suffer now. They have just got to stick to it and they will be fine; it will come round, it just needs to be given time and it is difficult in the current climate.''
The 47-year-old star went on to praise 'Good Morning Britain', saying it's a ''perfectly good show'', and its hosting team which includes Susanna, Ben Shephard, Charlotte Hawkins and Sean Fletcher.
He added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''They are good broadcasters and they will find a way. It seems to be national sport to give it a bloody kicking and having been on the end of that, it is no fun.''
Adrian and Christine jumped ship to ITV from the BBC to front 'Daybreak' in 2010, but the stars were axed a year later amid low ratings and poor reviews.15-05-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Ed Sheeran backs X Factor's Andrea Faustini
- Mark Wright's Strictly Come Dancing partner choreographing wedding dance
- Wendi Peters 'hated' her Coronation Street character
- Fleur East gets advice from JB Gill
- Gwen Taylor battling cancer
- Kym Marsh can't have more children
- Stephanie Nala found Simon Cowell's behaviour 'odd'