Alesha Dixon challenging Mel B for X Factor job
Alesha Dixon is competing with Mel B for the final 'X Factor' judge's seat.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' judge and former Spice Girls star are said to be battling it out for the fourth and final seat on the ITV talent show judging panel, after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole announced they'd be re-joining Louis Walsh on the next series earlier this year.
Louis told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's between Mel B and Alesha. She's brilliant, isn't she? Watch this space.''
If the 35-year-old singer and former 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge was to secure the 'X Factor' job, it's likely she would have to step down from her role on 'Britain's Got Talent' alongside Amanda Holden and David Walliams.
Simon confirmed he was considering offering Alesha the coveted role and previously rubbished rumours he was going to replace long-term judge Louis, saying it ''wouldn't be the same without him''.
Simon said: ''She [Alesha] would be a great judge.''
Meanwhile, 'America's Got Talent' judge Mel, 38, is still the favourite to join the other three 'X Factor' mentors Simon, 54, Cheryl, 30, and Louis, 61, when 'The X Factor' returns later this year.15-05-2014
- Downton Abbey banned from staging fire at Highclere Castle
- Ollie Locke keen for Made In Chelsea return
- Peter Crouch wants to star on Strictly
- Joey Essex insuring hair for £1million
- Lenny Henry still 'friends' with Dawn French
- The Jump to return for second series
- Daisy Lewis hates being called 'feisty'
- Ahsley Roberts: I'm not a homewrecker