Alesha Dixon challenging Mel B for X Factor job
Alesha Dixon is competing with Mel B for the final 'X Factor' judge's seat.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' judge and former Spice Girls star are said to be battling it out for the fourth and final seat on the ITV talent show judging panel, after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole announced they'd be re-joining Louis Walsh on the next series earlier this year.
Louis told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's between Mel B and Alesha. She's brilliant, isn't she? Watch this space.''
If the 35-year-old singer and former 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge was to secure the 'X Factor' job, it's likely she would have to step down from her role on 'Britain's Got Talent' alongside Amanda Holden and David Walliams.
Simon confirmed he was considering offering Alesha the coveted role and previously rubbished rumours he was going to replace long-term judge Louis, saying it ''wouldn't be the same without him''.
Simon said: ''She [Alesha] would be a great judge.''
Meanwhile, 'America's Got Talent' judge Mel, 38, is still the favourite to join the other three 'X Factor' mentors Simon, 54, Cheryl, 30, and Louis, 61, when 'The X Factor' returns later this year.15-05-2014
- Susannah Constantine voted off I'm A Celeb
- Anton Stephans backing Reggie 'N' Bollie to win The X Factor
- Georgia May Foote: Strictly Come Dancing partner like my brother
- Gaz Beadle: Vicky Pattison 'playing it safe'
- Coldplay confirmed for X Factor final
- Katie Derham pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing rehearsals
- Joey Essex claims he's found God
- Chris Eubank is 'on another planet'