Alesha Dixon challenging Mel B for X Factor job
Alesha Dixon is competing with Mel B for the final 'X Factor' judge's seat.
The 'Britain's Got Talent' judge and former Spice Girls star are said to be battling it out for the fourth and final seat on the ITV talent show judging panel, after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole announced they'd be re-joining Louis Walsh on the next series earlier this year.
Louis told the Daily Mirror newspaper: ''It's between Mel B and Alesha. She's brilliant, isn't she? Watch this space.''
If the 35-year-old singer and former 'Strictly Come Dancing' judge was to secure the 'X Factor' job, it's likely she would have to step down from her role on 'Britain's Got Talent' alongside Amanda Holden and David Walliams.
Simon confirmed he was considering offering Alesha the coveted role and previously rubbished rumours he was going to replace long-term judge Louis, saying it ''wouldn't be the same without him''.
Simon said: ''She [Alesha] would be a great judge.''
Meanwhile, 'America's Got Talent' judge Mel, 38, is still the favourite to join the other three 'X Factor' mentors Simon, 54, Cheryl, 30, and Louis, 61, when 'The X Factor' returns later this year.15-05-2014
- EastEnders to celebrate 30th anniversary with week-long live episodes
- Josie Cunninham set for I'm A Celeb
- Simon Cowell axes dolphin scenes from Xtra Factor
- Greg Wallace surprised by toughness of 'Strictly Come Dancing' training
- Angela Griffin wants 'Coronation Street' return
- Demot O'Leary: Louis Walsh is the 'dirtiest' X Factor judge
- Holly Willoughby opens up about newborn son
- Caroline Flack: 'Strictly Come Dancing is basically Dirty Dancing'