Ben Mitchell to return to EastEnders
Ben Mitchell will return to 'EastEnders' - but a new actor will play the role.
The murderous offspring of soap icon Phil Mitchell will be reintroduced on the show later this year, BBC bosses confirm to Digital Spy, but producers are looking to recast the part.
Ben - previously played by Joshua Pascoe - was last seen in 'EastEnders' in August 2012 when he was imprisoned after confessing to the murder of Heather Trott (Cheryl Fergison).
However, the tearaway's dad Phil (Steve McFadden) discovered this week that Ben has been out of prison for an entire month, leading to speculation the character could return to 'EastEnders'.
Joshua played a teenage Ben between 2010 and 2012 before being written out, while youngster Charlie Jones portrayed the character for the longest period - for four years from 2006 to 2010.
Ben's return is sure to cause plenty of drama as many of the Walford residents are still reeling from Heather's death two years ago, particularly Shirley Carter (Linda Henry), who was Heather's best friend.
The character's return will have consequences for Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold), as Ben is the father of her daughter, Lexi.
Ben is also grieving Ian Beale's (Adam Woodyatt) half-brother, so it is possible he could get involved in the ongoing Lucy Beale murder storyline.15-05-2014
- Vicky Pattison is showing 'real' her on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!
- Apprentice's Selina Waterman-Smith brands show 'fix'
- Doctor Who Christmas special titled The Husbands of River Song
- Marc Baylis excited about Coronation Street return
- Yvette Fielding voted off I'm A Celeb
- Peter Capaldi orders Peter Jackson to sign Doctor Who contract
- Susannah Constantine: Lady Colin Campbell a 'lovely woman'
- Peter Andre trained eight hours a day for Strictly Come Dancing