Ben Mitchell to return to EastEnders
Ben Mitchell will return to 'EastEnders' - but a new actor will play the role.
The murderous offspring of soap icon Phil Mitchell will be reintroduced on the show later this year, BBC bosses confirm to Digital Spy, but producers are looking to recast the part.
Ben - previously played by Joshua Pascoe - was last seen in 'EastEnders' in August 2012 when he was imprisoned after confessing to the murder of Heather Trott (Cheryl Fergison).
However, the tearaway's dad Phil (Steve McFadden) discovered this week that Ben has been out of prison for an entire month, leading to speculation the character could return to 'EastEnders'.
Joshua played a teenage Ben between 2010 and 2012 before being written out, while youngster Charlie Jones portrayed the character for the longest period - for four years from 2006 to 2010.
Ben's return is sure to cause plenty of drama as many of the Walford residents are still reeling from Heather's death two years ago, particularly Shirley Carter (Linda Henry), who was Heather's best friend.
The character's return will have consequences for Lola Pearce (Danielle Harold), as Ben is the father of her daughter, Lexi.
Ben is also grieving Ian Beale's (Adam Woodyatt) half-brother, so it is possible he could get involved in the ongoing Lucy Beale murder storyline.15-05-2014
- Louis Smith explicit video reportedly sold online
- Sheridan Smith loved becoming a pop star for Cilla role
- Alesha Dixon struggling to juggle motherhood and work
- Joanne Froggatt parties in Ibiza
- Craig Charles picked up from Coronation Street set in helicopter
- Jack Whitehall: Judy Murray has an 'ageless beauty'
- John Bardon has died aged 75
- Harry Derbidge axed from The Only Way Is Essex