Danny Dyer: I'm not sexy, I'm growing t*ts
Danny Dyer is surprised to be considered sexy as he's ''growing a pair of t*ts''.
The 36-year-old actor is up for Sexiest Male at this year's British Soap Awards - for his role as pub landlord Mick Carter in 'EastEnders' - and he admits the nod is amusing as he doesn't think much of his appearance.
He quipped: ''As for Sexiest Male - I'm pushing 40, I've got a beer belly and I'm growing a pair of t*ts. So to every pot-bellied man out there, there's hope for you all!''
Danny is nominated for several awards at the bash, including Best Actor and Spectacular Scene for the moving scene between Mick and his son Johnny (Sam Strike) in which the youngster comes out as gay.
The former movie hardman is ''proud'' to represent 'EastEnders', but is slightly nervous about being nominated.
He told Digital Spy: ''I'm passionate about it and I'd want to win it for us as a collective, rather than as a personal thing.
''I'm quite excited and slightly anxious about it. I think the anxiety comes from the fact that I've only been in 'EastEnders' for six months, so to be nominated for Best Actor is slightly overwhelming.''
Danny also reveals he feels guilty that he was nominated for Best Actor over Adam Woodyatt, who has acted out an array of emotions following the death of his character Ian Beale's daughter, Lucy.
The actor added: ''I think his big episodes just aired a little bit too late in the season, but he definitely deserves an award over me and I'll be the first to admit that.''15-05-2014
- Ricky Rayment taking a break from Twitter
- Nick Grimshaw wants Joan Rivers to come back from the dead
- Lauren Goodger to pose topless
- Steven Ugoalah thinks he's going to be a millionaire
- Jess Wright dumps Ricky over flirty messages with other woman
- Neil Gaiman to write Doctor Who for Peter Capaldi?
- Gemma Merna for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here
- Sue Johnston wants more roles for women