Lily Allen turned down incestuous Game of Thrones cameo
Lily Allen turned down an incestuous cameo in 'Game of Thrones'.
The 'Air Balloon' singer was offered the chance to work alongside her actor brother Alfie Allen - who plays Theon Greyjoy in the hit HBO fantasy drama - but turned it down as the part called for her sibling to touch her in a manner she deemed inappropriate.
In a Q&A with Reddit.com, Lily revealed: ''I've been asked to do a 'Game of Thrones' cameo. They asked me if I'd be interested in playing Theon's sister and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s**t. Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.''
The part of Yara Greyjoy, Theon's sister, eventually went to actress Gemma Whelan.
The character was introduced in the second season of 'Game of Thrones' in a scene which saw Theon caress his sister over her clothing while they rode a horse. However, he is later embarrassed when he discovers the woman is his sibling whom he hasn't seen in numerous years.
Lily, 29, previously admitted she struggles to watch the more gruesome scenes in 'Game of Thrones' - including her brother's character being castrated in the third season.
She said: ''I love the show and I'm so proud of him but I can't bear the thought of my brother without a penis.
''When he told me it was happening I was fine with it. Then, when I saw it, I just crossed my legs, turned away and tried not to even listen.''15-05-2014
- Jameela Jamil wants to be reality TV show judge
- Marc O'Neil and Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace leave Big Brother
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor