Lily Allen turned down incestuous Game of Thrones cameo
Lily Allen turned down an incestuous cameo in 'Game of Thrones'.
The 'Air Balloon' singer was offered the chance to work alongside her actor brother Alfie Allen - who plays Theon Greyjoy in the hit HBO fantasy drama - but turned it down as the part called for her sibling to touch her in a manner she deemed inappropriate.
In a Q&A with Reddit.com, Lily revealed: ''I've been asked to do a 'Game of Thrones' cameo. They asked me if I'd be interested in playing Theon's sister and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s**t. Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks.''
The part of Yara Greyjoy, Theon's sister, eventually went to actress Gemma Whelan.
The character was introduced in the second season of 'Game of Thrones' in a scene which saw Theon caress his sister over her clothing while they rode a horse. However, he is later embarrassed when he discovers the woman is his sibling whom he hasn't seen in numerous years.
Lily, 29, previously admitted she struggles to watch the more gruesome scenes in 'Game of Thrones' - including her brother's character being castrated in the third season.
She said: ''I love the show and I'm so proud of him but I can't bear the thought of my brother without a penis.
''When he told me it was happening I was fine with it. Then, when I saw it, I just crossed my legs, turned away and tried not to even listen.''15-05-2014
- Chloe-Jasmine admits X Factor romance with Stevi
- Kendra Wilkinson's father 'stunned' by her flirty antics
- Rita Ora wants to be The Voice contestants' friend
- Charlotte Hawkins: I'll be 'conscious' of losing baby weight
- Steve Backshall leaves Strictly Come Dancing
- Stevi Ritchie eliminated from X Factor
- Claudia Winkleman receives Strictly Come Dancing applause
- Vicky Pattison: Maria Fowler wanted to ruin my relationship