Michael Le Vell helps direct Coronation Street
Michael Le Vell has been shadowing the 'Coronation Street' directors.
The 49-year-old actor - who played mechanic Kevin Webster on the soap - is reportedly keen to quit acting for a behind the scenes role, so tried his hand at directing the ITV show while the crew were filming scenes in Salford's Magistrates Court.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''He was just shadowing the director for the day. In one scene he put the director's headphones on to listen to the dialogue. He was monitoring all the camera angles. It seems to be a very technical kind of role.''
Michael, who was cleared of child sex abuse claims in September 2013, has conquered his drug and alcohol addiction after completing a three-week stint at The Priory rehab clinic last month and was reportedly in a ''fantastic'' mood on set.
The set spy said: ''As a joke because he had a new job, they said, 'OK, you make the tea.' Everyone was laughing and joking. He was in a fantastic mood, very happy excited.
''Michael's had a few hard years but he's very well respected on 'Coronation Street' and they're keen to help them out.''
The star took a break from the show earlier this year following his admission to taking drugs, but has made several trips to the set since checking out of rehab.15-05-2014
- Gemma Oaten had faeces thrown at her by bullies
- This Morning gets a pet dog
- Holly Willoughby had This Morning baby breaks
- Coronation Street's dramatic clifftop fight
- Duncan Bannatyne and new girlfriend trying for a baby
- Barack Obama to appear on Running Wild with Bear Grylls
- Janice Dickinson receives warning on Celebrity Big Brother
- Ricky Rayment dumps Marnie Simpson