Michael Le Vell helps direct Coronation Street
Michael Le Vell has been shadowing the 'Coronation Street' directors.
The 49-year-old actor - who played mechanic Kevin Webster on the soap - is reportedly keen to quit acting for a behind the scenes role, so tried his hand at directing the ITV show while the crew were filming scenes in Salford's Magistrates Court.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''He was just shadowing the director for the day. In one scene he put the director's headphones on to listen to the dialogue. He was monitoring all the camera angles. It seems to be a very technical kind of role.''
Michael, who was cleared of child sex abuse claims in September 2013, has conquered his drug and alcohol addiction after completing a three-week stint at The Priory rehab clinic last month and was reportedly in a ''fantastic'' mood on set.
The set spy said: ''As a joke because he had a new job, they said, 'OK, you make the tea.' Everyone was laughing and joking. He was in a fantastic mood, very happy excited.
''Michael's had a few hard years but he's very well respected on 'Coronation Street' and they're keen to help them out.''
The star took a break from the show earlier this year following his admission to taking drugs, but has made several trips to the set since checking out of rehab.15-05-2014
- Tom Daley: TV hasn't distracted diving
- Corrie slammed over robbery plot
- Nicole Scherzinger urged to snub X Factor
- Jacqueline Jossa: Dan Osborne romance going 'swimmingly'
- Katherine Parkinson unsure about IT Crowd reunion
- Billie Faiers named daughter after sister
- EastEnders' Aunt Babe is 'ruthless'
- Mel C, Peter Andre to join Ant and Dec on tour