Corrie's Steve and Michelle to split
Coronation Street's Steve McDonald and Michelle Connor are to split up.
The soap couple - played by Simon Gregson and Kym Marsh - will hit the rocks in the wake of the tragic death of Michelle Keegan's barmaid character Tina McIntyre later this month.
The split is prompted when Michelle discovers Steve was aware that Tina had an affair with Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) - the husband of her pregnant pal Carla (Alison King).
Michelle screams at Steve, telling him he's got ''blood on your hands''.
According to the Daily Star newspaper, she adds: ''I don't want to share my bed with a liar.''
Tina's impending death will also result in a split between Anna Windass (Debbie Rush) and Owen Armstrong (Ian Puleston-Davies), after Owen discovers Anna has slept with his sworn enemy Pat Phelan (Connor McIntyre).
Michelle Keegan, 26, who plays Tina, recently admitted she was surprised when she discovered 'Corrie' bosses have decided to kill off her character.
She said: ''I was a bit [surprised] at first. They told me they would leave the door open initially and a few months down the line, the producers said they'd done a storyline conference and the writers had pitched a really good leaving storyline for me.
''I was shocked initially because leaving a soap and having a door open can be a safety net, but then I was told how it was going to affect the street's characters for the rest of the year and I was hooked!''16-05-2014
- Marnie Simpson: Ricky Rayment isn't the 'jealous type'
- Michelle Keegan cuddles a jumper in bed
- Rita Ora banned from showing cleavag
- Patrick Blake to be diagnosed with motor neurone disease
- David Walliams' books to be turned into Christmas specials
- Jeremy Clarkson to make Top Gear return?
- Lauren Pope thinks male TOWIE stars won't succeed
- Tina O'Brien considering marriage