Frank Skinner to appear in Doctor Who
Frank Skinner will appear in the new series of 'Doctor Who'.
The comedian has finally landed a role in the hit BBC sci-fi drama, joining new Time Lord Peter Capaldi on one of his first adventures in the upcoming eighth series.
The 'Doctor Who' über-fan is beyond excited to star in a future episode, which will be written by 'Being Human' scribe Jamie Mathieson.
He said in a statement: ''I love this show. I subscribe to Dr Who magazine, I've got a Tardis ringtone, a five-foot cardboard Dalek in my bedroom and when I got the call saying they wanted me to read for the part, I was in the back of my tour bus watching episode three of The Sensorites. I am beyond excited.''
Executive producer Steven Moffat added: ''It's no secret that Frank's been pitching vigorously to get into 'Doctor Who' for a while. He's been volunteering to be 'third monster on the left' as long as I've been in this job. But now, in Jamie Mathieson's sparkling script, we finally have a part that can showcase all of Frank's famous wit and charm. Hopefully he'll get out of my garden now.''
Other guest stars in the episode will include David Bamber, Daisy Beaumont, Janet Henfrey and Christopher Villiers.
The eighth series of 'Doctor Who' will air on BBC One in the autumn, with Peter Capaldi set to be joined by Jenna Coleman as companion.16-05-2014
- Calum Scott and Danny Posthill through to 'BGT' final
- 'Big Brother' replaces four housemates
- Duncan James: Dressing in drag turns me on
- Chris Pratt's wife loves The Only Way Is Essex
- Craig Revel Horwood promises same sex couples for Strictly Come Dancign
- Jimi Mistry wore fireproof underwear on Coronation Street
- Aaron Frew speaks out about Big Brother exit
- Zayn Malik's former love interest for Love Island