Georgia May Foote: Corrie axe like being dumped
Georgia May Foote says being axed from 'Coronation Street' is like being ''dumped'' by a boyfriend.
The 23-year-old actress is to depart her role as Katy Armstrong and though she will be sad to leave Weatherfield, she is looking forward to what the future holds.
She said: ''I was a bit gutted that leaving 'Corrie' wasn't my decision - it's like a boyfriend dumping you first. But I'm really excited. If anything, it's given me that kick I needed to move on to other things.''
The pretty starlet has been nominated for Sexiest Female at the British Soap Awards and is stunned to have made the shortlist for the accolade.
She said: ''I'm so flattered by my nomination - but I wouldn't have put myself up for that award, so it's a complete surprise. I feel sexiest in my onesie!''
Though Georgia is engaged to her plumber boyfriend John, they won't be tying the knot just yet.
She told Britain's OK! magazine: ''We've been so busy we haven't really thought about getting married - it won't be this year.''
'Corrie' boss Stuart Blackburn recently confirmed Georgia's character won't be killed off, meaning she may be able to return in the future.
He said: ''Katy will not be killed off and the door will be left open for a possible return. We wish Georgia every success with her future career.''16-05-2014
- Joss Mooney got paid to strip at uni
- Stephanie Davis slams 'cheating' Sam Reece
- Scotty T crowned CBB winner
- Tom Parker to replace Tina Hobley in The Jump
- Nina Wadia to return to EastEnders
- Ruth Langsford: Eamonn's hip operation 'took a bit longer'
- Sam Faiers: Paul went for a two-hour nap while I was in labour
- Lucy Mecklenburgh will be 'working' mum