Khali Best crashes £18,000 car
'EastEnders' star Khali Best has crashed his £18,000 car.
The actor, who plays mechanic Dexter Hartman, found himself in need of a repair himself after his Audi A3 collided with a van in rush hour traffic on Thursday morning (15.05.14).
Eyewitness Monica Pringle told The Sun newspaper: ''I was walking up the road when he came round the corner in his car. A van in front was driving slowly and he drove past it and the collision happened.''
The incident took place in Enfield, North London, and the 26-year-old star quickly attracted a crowd, who recognised him from his role in the BBC One soap and took pictures of his damaged car.
Khali was reportedly dressed in jeans and a blue bodywarmer - the same outfit he was pictured wearing in a snap on his Instagram account the night before.
In January, the 26-year-old star won the Best Newcomer prize at the National Television Awards for his role as Dexter.
He credited soap veteran Steve McFadden - who plays Phil Mitchell - for helping him settle in.
Khali previously told BANG Showbiz: ''Steve was just like, 'EastEnders is a beast but you have to learn to work with it. It's like a machine and you're one of the cogs, so as long as you're in it and you keep your head down, and you keep passionate about the work, you've got nothing to worry about.' ''16-05-2014
- Jake Wood to return to EastEnders in September
- Harry Reid: I've been doing my homework on strict Barbara Windsor
- Top Gear's new presenters revealed
- Jeremy Kyle's wife to get 'quickie divorce'
- Sir Terry Wogan laid to rest on Tuesday
- James Jordan told his wife Ola to lose weight
- Lauren Pope has crush on Ricky Gervais
- Danielle Armstrong defends Sam Faiers' boyfriend