Antony Cotton renews Coronation Street contract
Antony Cotton's 'Coronation Street' contract has been renewed.
The fan favourite actor, who plays loveable Sean Tully, has confirmed he will be staying on the soap for another year after inking a new deal with the ITV soap's bosses.
He posted on Twitter: ''It gives me the greatest pleasure to say that I have just signed a new contract with @itvcorrie. Happy days!''
Sean has been one of the main sources of comic relief since arriving on Weatherfield's cobbles in 2003, but Antony revealed he has been entrusted with a more dramatic major storyline this coming year.
He added: ''That sees Sean staying at number 11 until at least August next year, with a very exciting and unique storyline beginning this autumn.''
The change comes as Sean's former on-screen love interest Marcus Dent (Charlie Condou) is depart screens in the next few weeks.
Antony has also been upset about his pal Michelle Keegan leaving the soap following a dramatic storyline which saw her alter-ego Tina McIntyre fall to her death.
He recently shared a photograph of the brunette's leaving party on Twitter with the accompanying message: ''Happy Days. Here's to your next adventure... (sic)''09-06-2014
- Tina O'Brien considering marriage
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack for X Factor?
- Danniella Westbrook launches deals website
- Gary Beadle and Aaron Chalmers didn't miss Vicky Pattison
- Dermot O'Leary won't return to The X Factor
- Stacey Solomon: Steve-O is a 'big kid'
- Jeremy Clarkson won't face charges after attacking Top Gear producer
- James 'Arg' Argent's 'whole lifestyle' has changed