Antony Cotton renews Coronation Street contract
Antony Cotton's 'Coronation Street' contract has been renewed.
The fan favourite actor, who plays loveable Sean Tully, has confirmed he will be staying on the soap for another year after inking a new deal with the ITV soap's bosses.
He posted on Twitter: ''It gives me the greatest pleasure to say that I have just signed a new contract with @itvcorrie. Happy days!''
Sean has been one of the main sources of comic relief since arriving on Weatherfield's cobbles in 2003, but Antony revealed he has been entrusted with a more dramatic major storyline this coming year.
He added: ''That sees Sean staying at number 11 until at least August next year, with a very exciting and unique storyline beginning this autumn.''
The change comes as Sean's former on-screen love interest Marcus Dent (Charlie Condou) is depart screens in the next few weeks.
Antony has also been upset about his pal Michelle Keegan leaving the soap following a dramatic storyline which saw her alter-ego Tina McIntyre fall to her death.
He recently shared a photograph of the brunette's leaving party on Twitter with the accompanying message: ''Happy Days. Here's to your next adventure... (sic)''09-06-2014
- Amanda Holden to 'shadow' Holly Willoughby on This Morning set
- James 'Arg' Argent urged to stop partying
- Tom Daley planning to tie the knot?
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Jay Gardner defends Ricci Guarnaccio
- Claire King has left Celebrity Big Brother house
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged
- Kellie Bright 'honoured' by difficult rape storyline