Hollyoaks' Ste Hay in a world of trouble
Hollyoaks' Ste Hay is heading down a dark path.
The soap favourite recently became hooked on drugs and is struggling to remember if he killed villain Fraser Black (Jesse Birdsall), but there will be even tougher times ahead for the character, according to actor Kieron Richardson.
The 28-year-old star is enjoying his character's dramatic new storyline and feels privileged to still be receiving gritty plots after nine years on the Channel 4 soap.
He told the Daily Star newspaper: ''There's so much exciting stuff that I can't tell you about. You think they are going to run out of ideas, but they've got some crazy people upstairs who come up with these plotlines that are so fantastic you would never guess them.
''I've been here for nearly nine years, but I still have the buzz and the butterflies when I come into work.
Meanwhile, co-star Danny Mac - who recently won Sexiest Male at the British Soap Awards - says he is content playing downcast Dodger Savage, as he worries a happily ever after for the character could put him out of a job.
He explained to The Sun newspaper: ''I don't think Dodger's ever going to have a happy ending. Well, as soon as he does, I think that's it. As long as he's miserable, I think I'm still in a job.''09-06-2014
- Simon Cowell wants to produce leaders' debate
- Sweden win Eurovision Song Contest 2015
- Mark Wright and Michelle Keegan's £1m wedding
- Gary Barlow: Nick Grimshaw could find it hard to juggle X Factor job
- Calum Best blamed himself for father's death
- Reggie Yates hopes Fearne Cotton has more children
- Adjoa Mensah evicted from 'Big Brother'
- Fearne Cotton bids goodbye to BBC Radio 1