Hollyoaks' Ste Hay in a world of trouble
Hollyoaks' Ste Hay is heading down a dark path.
The soap favourite recently became hooked on drugs and is struggling to remember if he killed villain Fraser Black (Jesse Birdsall), but there will be even tougher times ahead for the character, according to actor Kieron Richardson.
The 28-year-old star is enjoying his character's dramatic new storyline and feels privileged to still be receiving gritty plots after nine years on the Channel 4 soap.
He told the Daily Star newspaper: ''There's so much exciting stuff that I can't tell you about. You think they are going to run out of ideas, but they've got some crazy people upstairs who come up with these plotlines that are so fantastic you would never guess them.
''I've been here for nearly nine years, but I still have the buzz and the butterflies when I come into work.
Meanwhile, co-star Danny Mac - who recently won Sexiest Male at the British Soap Awards - says he is content playing downcast Dodger Savage, as he worries a happily ever after for the character could put him out of a job.
He explained to The Sun newspaper: ''I don't think Dodger's ever going to have a happy ending. Well, as soon as he does, I think that's it. As long as he's miserable, I think I'm still in a job.''09-06-2014
- Sinitta pleading with Simon Cowell to be X Factor judge
- Amy Childs dumps Botox and fillers
- Gogglebox stars get 'over-excited' at celebrity parties
- Holly Hagan 'inspired' by Katie Price to have breast reduction
- Mary Berry: 'Coronation Street' is too depressing
- Coronation Street bosses secure stars
- Rylan hints at Big Brother ex-housemates returning
- Dan Osborne 'disgusted' with himself