Rik Mayall has died
Rik Mayall has died.
The actor passed away this morning (09.06.14) aged 56, his agent has confirmed, though no further details have been released as yet.
The comedian was best known for his comedy partnership with Adrian Edmondson and appearances in anarchic sitcoms 'The Young Ones' and 'Bottom', as well as scene-stealing Lord Flashheart in 'Blackadder'.
He also appeared on the big screen in 'Drop Dead Fred' and 'Guest House Paradiso'.
Rik's death comes 16 years after he was involved in a near-fatal quad biking accident which left him in a coma and suffering from epilepsy.
He is survived by his wife Barbara Robbin and their three children Rosie, Sidney and Bonnie.
Just last year the actor admitted he was ''desperate'' to work on proposed 'Bottom' spin-off 'Hooligan's Island' - which was to be based on the 1997 tour of the same name - but Adrian wasn't keen to do it just yet.
He said: ''I thought it would be fun and Ade thought it would be fun but then he had a change of heart. It's a shame.
''Of course, I f***ing tried to persuade him to change his mind. But if he doesn't want to, he doesn't want to.
''I'm desperate to do it. I thought it would be lovely to have them in a different situation and being much older.
''Ade said we weren't old enough to be mad old b******s - but if we leave it another ten years, how the f**k are we going to do anything?''09-06-2014
- Robert Pattinson's sister wows on X Factor
- Mark Wright clashes with Arg and Elliott at cousin's wedding
- Mary Berry wins burping competition
- Doug Potts returns to Emmerdale
- Ola Jordan wants Craig and Bruno off Strictly
- James Argent shed two stone for Lydia Bright
- Rylan Clark lands record deal
- Vicky Pattison to stir things up on Geordie Shore return