Letitia Dean: Sharon hospital scenes 'liberating'
'EastEnders' star Letitia Dean found it ''liberating'' filming her upcoming hospital scenes.
The soap star's alter-ego Sharon Rickman will be left fighting for her life next week after a vicious attack while closing her bar, The Albert, but Letitia admits it was a nice change of pace to be confined to a hospital bed for several episodes.
She said: ''It was really nice as I had a lovely comfortable bed - it was really relaxing. It was also quite liberating; it's nice having no make-up. I loved it.
''It's hard to stop your eyes flickering and the tube thing was a bit weird, but I did get my blood pressure taken every scene which was lovely.''
The 46-year-old star says there is a real danger that Sharon may not survive the attack as she battles for her life in hospital.
Letitia warned: ''She's lifeless on the floor when Johnny [Carter, Sharon's employee] finds her and calls the ambulance. Sharon gets rushed into hospital and it's very serious.''
But even in the midst of the attack, Sharon tries to fight back by hitting one of her assailants over the head with a glass bottle, and Letitia loves portraying her character's feisty spirit.
She added: ''It's very Sharon. She grabs a wine bottle and she whacks one of the thugs in the head, but gets grabbed from behind and is thrown down. But you know, she makes a good effort.''10-06-2014
- Kerry Katona to try for baby on honeymoon
- Doctor Who villains set for arena tour
- Ola Jordan would've quit Strictly on James say-so
- Lauren Goodger: I'm no Kim Kardashian
- John Altman reprises bad boy Nick Cotten role in EastEnders
- Luisa Zissman hits out at Lauren Goodger sex tape
- Catherine Tyldesley caught parking in disabled bay
- Ferne McCann wants to make up with Chloe Sims