Sam Strike: Danny Dyer told me not to change
Danny Dyer instructed 'EastEnders' co-star Sam Strike ''not to change''.
The young actor, who plays Danny's on-screen son Johnny Carter in the soap, has admitted to being naturally shy and worried he'd struggle on set when he first started, but was comforted by advice given by the movie and TV veteran.
Sam told Inside Soap magazine: ''I'm not the most extroverted person, and when I first joined the show Danny gave me some really good advice.
''He told me not to change a thing about myself and not to worry about being shy. It was good to hear that from someone who had been there and back.''
Meanwhile, Sam's character Johnny will have his family loyalty tested next week when he decides to move out of the Queen Vic following a major argument with his mother, Linda (Kellie Bright).
The actor explained: ''Johnny is really ashamed of himself because he takes the argument too far. Johnny leaves partly because he's ashamed of himself and partly because it's the only way he can have any independence.
''Rather than this argument being a wedge that separates them completely, it's the major blow-out that they need to put things right.''
Johnny is also involved in the ongoing storyline involving his boss Sharon Rickman (Letitia Dean), who has been left fighting for her life after she was brutally attacked while closing her bar, The Albert, in last night's (16.06.14) episode.17-06-2014
- Mike Tindall to 'support' daughter
- Georgia May Foote can't see Coronation Street return
- Danny Dyer can't match 'perfect' Mick Carter
- Julie Walters 'ignorant' about British empire
- Sam Faiers launches eyelashes range
- Dynamo stuns fans with FIAT 500X illusion
- Coronation Street bosses recast Bethany Platt
- Patsy Kensit on Celebrity Big Brother contestants' 'riders'