Sheree Murphy lands Neighbours role
Sheree Murphy has landed a role in 'Neighbours'.
The former 'Emmerdale' star, who is married to Australian soccer star Harry Kewell, has fulfilled a lifelong dream of starring on the soap as she has been tapped to play English businesswoman Dakota Davies.
The new character is the former flame of a 'Neighbours' regular and hasn't quite got over the end of her relationship, but soap bosses are keeping Dakota's love interest a secret for now.
Sheree touched down in Melbourrne last week to begin a six-week stint on the famous Erinsborough set and began filming her scenes yesterday (16.06.14).
The 38-year-old actress said: ''I've been watching 'Neighbours' since the very beginning so to grow up watching a show and to now be part of it is unbelievable. 'Neighbours' is a huge part of the Australian culture just like our soaps in the UK.''
Sheree feels like she's ''coming home'' after living in Melbourne for two years when husband Harry played for the Melbourne Heart football team.
The mother-of-four added: ''To be able to work in Melbourne for such an iconic soap is a real dream come true. Melbourne is a fantastic city with great weather, people and restaurants, what more could you need?''
UK viewers can see Sheree's on-screen debut in 'Neighbours' on Channel 5 in October.17-06-2014
- James Nesbitt is enjoying celibacy
- David Hasselhoff's five wives in new show
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose