True Detective creator's 'secret list' for new cast
'True Detective' creator Nic Pizzolatto has a ''secret list'' of A-listers he wants to star in the second season.
The 39-year-old producer has revealed that only he knows who is in the running to follow in the footsteps of Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson by appearing in the next series of the hit HBO detective drama.
Speaking at the Banff World Media Festival, Nic said: ''I've talked to one person about [casting] possibly, and that has been it.
''We haven't cast anybody. I have a secret list and that's it.''
Despite a number of big Hollywood names - including Emma Stone, Jessica Chastain and Brad Pitt - being attached to the lead roles, Nic insists that no major decisions about the cast have been made.
He said: ''Literally, not a single rumour about casting has any truth to it whatsoever.''
However, the producer did confirm that the new season will include female lead but will not be ''female-led''.
'True Detective' proved a huge critical success when it began airing in the US earlier this year, but stars Matthew and Woody only signed up for one season.
The show is billed as an 'anthology' series and will feature a new cast and all-new characters each season.17-06-2014
- Ricky Wilson: Flirting with Rita Ora is for show
- Prince Charles pays tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- Coronation Street's Helen Worth 'delighted' by Tina O'Brien return
- Chloe Sims felt 'suffocated' by Elliot Wright
- Thom Evans 'plans to launch acting career'
- Ben Haenow plans to propose
- Gemma Collins quits TOWIE
- Miranda Hart announces end of BBC sitcom