Piers Morgan lands new ITV deal
Piers Morgan has landed a new contract with ITV.
The 'Life Stories' host is set to extend his partnership with the channel just months after his US talk show, 'Piers Morgan Live', was axed by CNN.
Piers will front a brand new series of 'Life Stories', expected to run for six episodes, and various factual shows next year under his new deal.
An ITV source told The Sun newspaper: ''We are talking to Piers about an initial run of six episodes of Life Stories next year and a new factual series.
''Negotiations are still ongoing and haven't concluded yet.''
Unlike his current deal with ITV, however, the new contract won't be exclusive, which means the former newspaper editor is free to work for other British broadcasters as well.
While he may have been unceremoniously dropped by CNN in February, Piers can expect a big pay day from ITV as he is rumoured to make £55,000 per episode for the new series of 'Life Stories'.
Piers' US talk show was axed amid low ratings and controversy as has he often challenged America's rising gun crime. The star was accused of being too British and not understanding American culture, and was even the subject of a deportation petition.
The 49-year-old journalist previously expressed his desire to return to work in the UK and film another series of 'Life Stories'.
He said: ''I have got plenty of offers to do stuff but I have a good relationship with ITV and we are both keen to keep it going. Money is never irrelevant but it is not my motivating factor for doing 'Life Stories'.
''I do it because I want to do a show in Britain. I am British and it keeps my hand in there. As long as they are popular and people like watching them, we will keep doing them.''18-06-2014
- Thom Evans dating Strictly Come Dancing partner?
- George Clooney left Downton Abbey cast starstruck
- Pixie Lott: 'I hope there are no Strictly Come Dancing nip slips'
- Millie Mackintosh: Kim Kardashian West looks like a 'sex object'
- Lacey Turner: Filming Our Girl an 'eye-opener'
- Nick Frost for Doctor Who Christmas special
- Judy Murray facing Strictly Come Dancing fan backlash?
- Kim Kardashian West vying for a role in 'Downton Abbey'