Ryan Thomas: Leaving Corrie would be 'risky'
Ryan Thomas says it'd be ''risky'' to leave 'Coronation Street'.
The 30-year-old star has played hunky mechanic Jason Grimshaw for 14 years on the ITV soap and admits the job security makes him reluctant to leave as he is able to comfortably provide for his daughter, five-year-old Scarlett, whom he shares with former co-star Tina O'Brien.
He explained to Britain's OK! magazine: ''It would be great to one day step out of the bubble and see what's out there, but it's a risky game and I've got a child and I'm lucky to have a continuous wage which not many actors have.
''You're in a sheltered life, which as a 16 year old was great, but now I think it would be great to see what's out there. However, at the moment it's good. I love the people I work with.''
Ryan began working on 'Corrie' at the age of 16 and has now been with the show for over a decade, but he admits his dad Dougie James didn't see him lasting very long when he first signed up.
The actor recalled: ''He said, 'They're not going to keep you.' I was like, 'Cheers, dad!' I was a bit of a bad lad back then so they'd say, 'You're on your last warning.'
''I thought, I could lose my job here, but I didn't and now every year I say to him, 'That's been a long three months, hasn't it, dad?' ''18-06-2014
- Emily Rose rejects son casting in Haven
- Katie Price to star in new reality TV show
- Loose Women pay tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- The Simpsons kill off Krusty the Clown's dad
- Anne Kirkbride written out of Corrie for three months
- TOWIE's Fern McCann 'upset' over leaked topless picture
- Jason Merrells quits Emmerdale
- Lynda Bellingham's dying wishes