The Master to make Doctor Who comeback
The Master is returning to 'Doctor Who'.
The Doctor's arch nemesis is set to make a grand return in the new series of the sci-fi show for the first time since 2010.
The rogue Time Lord, who was last played by John Simm, is going to be recast and producers are looking at top Hollywood actors for the part, according to the Daily Star newspaper.
The Master was last seen in a David Tennant-fronted episode called 'The End of Time', when his plans to control the human race were thwarted and he was shot by his own wife.
However, when the Doctor cremated his body on a funeral pyre, his signet ring didn't burn and it was picked up by a mystery woman from his cult with long red fingernails.
The upcoming BBC One series will see the new Time Lord, played by Peter Capaldi, visit Lanzarote, which happens to be the same location as a 1984 storyline involving the Master.
The evil Gallifreyan first appeared in 1971 and has been portrayed by a host of actors including Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley and Sir Derek Jacobi.18-06-2014
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
- Ed Sheeran backs X Factor's Andrea Faustini
- Mark Wright's Strictly Come Dancing partner choreographing wedding dance
- Wendi Peters 'hated' her Coronation Street character
- Fleur East gets advice from JB Gill
- Gwen Taylor battling cancer
- Kym Marsh can't have more children
- Stephanie Nala found Simon Cowell's behaviour 'odd'