Vinnie Jones: Galavant is like Blackadder
Vinnie Jones' new US comedy is like 'Blackadder'.
The 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' actor has landed a lead role as an evil henchman in 'Galavant', a new US sitcom set in the UK, which is a spin on the British sitcom and will be shot in England and Wales in August before airing in January next year.
He told The Sun newspaper: ''It is like Monty Python. It's a medieval comedy and very different to what's out there.
''It is very hilarious. I am having a run on the comedy at the moment, it's my thing. It is an adventure.
''If you look back at my first films, 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' and 'Snatch', they were both comedies.''
The 49-year-old star admits he ''drifted away'' from comedy for a while but is looking forward to 'Galavant' and is also set to appear in a Adam Sandler film, which will be shooting in August and September.
He said: ''And I've just shot a comedy with Kevin Pollak down in New Orleans. So I'm driving down towards the comedy a bit more now - I love it.
''There's a scene [in 'Galavant'] when I'm dancing with the king and queen, it's just hilarious. It's great and I love throwing myself in there and getting some laughs.''
Meanwhile, the actor and former soccer star, who now lives in the Hollywood Hills, is currently addicted to US sitcom 'Modern Family' on Sky1.
He said: ''It's a good classic at the moment. I really hope they can manage to keep it as funny as it has been over the last couple of years.''18-06-2014
- Rylan Clark engaged?
- Ryan Thomas splits from Amy Jackson
- Dominic Treadwell Collins changed Lucy Beale's killer
- Elliott Wright: 'No way' Mark Wright will win Strictly Come Dancing
- Sir Bruce Forsyth's final Strictly Come Dancing felt 'very weird'
- Alexander Armstrong to voice Danger Mouse
- Michelle Keegan: Mark Wright can win Strictly Come Dancing
- Stephanie Leonidas wants to be first female Doctor Who