Corrie's Faye to fall pregnant
'Coronation Street's Faye Windass is to fall pregnant.
The Weatherfield schoolgirl - who turned 12 on the show in March - will become the youngest parent in the soap's history in a shock new storyline.
While soap bosses know the plot will be controversial,it will be handled in a ''sensitive'' way.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''This is bound to be a controversial storyline but the programme has a history of handling difficult subject matters in a sensitive and considerate way.''
Faye, who is played by 13-year-old Ellie Leach, has been a show regular since being adopted by Anna Windass 2011 and has been seen going off the rails, with her antics including stealing a handbag, tormenting brain-damaged Nick Tilsley, and returning home from a bowling party drunk.
It has not yet been revealed who will be the father of the young mum's baby.
The new plot comes after the ITV soap saw Sarah-Louise Platt give birth when she was just 13 years old in an equally controversial storyline 14 years ago.
'Hollyoaks' previously broadcast a storyline featuring a 12-year-old mother and father.19-06-2014
- Solomon Akhtar relieved to be fired from The Apprentice
- Alesha Dixon dreams of emulating Oprah Winfrey
- Jim Davidson: I was 'depressed' in CBB
- Frankie Bridge: I don't feel like I've 'mastered' dancing
- Carl Fogarty: I'm too 'laid back' for showbusinesses
- Ben Hardy thinks he know who killed Lucy Beale
- Mark Wright: Strictly Come Dancing is tiring
- X Factor winner Ben Haenow wants to front a rock band