Corrie's Faye to fall pregnant
'Coronation Street's Faye Windass is to fall pregnant.
The Weatherfield schoolgirl - who turned 12 on the show in March - will become the youngest parent in the soap's history in a shock new storyline.
While soap bosses know the plot will be controversial,it will be handled in a ''sensitive'' way.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''This is bound to be a controversial storyline but the programme has a history of handling difficult subject matters in a sensitive and considerate way.''
Faye, who is played by 13-year-old Ellie Leach, has been a show regular since being adopted by Anna Windass 2011 and has been seen going off the rails, with her antics including stealing a handbag, tormenting brain-damaged Nick Tilsley, and returning home from a bowling party drunk.
It has not yet been revealed who will be the father of the young mum's baby.
The new plot comes after the ITV soap saw Sarah-Louise Platt give birth when she was just 13 years old in an equally controversial storyline 14 years ago.
'Hollyoaks' previously broadcast a storyline featuring a 12-year-old mother and father.19-06-2014
- Craig Revel Horwood wants Dermot O'Leary on Strictly Come Dancing
- Amanda Holden's Britain's Got Talent role for life
- Jasmin Walia eyes Bollywood movie
- Jermain Jackmain: Stevie McCrorie shouldn't give up day job
- Kristian Kiehling wanted explosive EastEnders exit
- Jenny Agutter was mistaken for Mary Whitehouse
- Stevie McCrorie stopped gig for pesky wasp
- Mark Wright 'probably won't bother' to vote