Maria Connor set for new Corrie romance
Maria Connor will get a new love interest on 'Coronation Street'.
The hairdresser, played by Samia Ghadie, is set to fall for mechanic Luke Britton (Dean Fagan) in the upcoming weeks and could find happiness after a series of disastrous relationships have earned her the nickname of Weatherfield's ''black widow''.
Dean told the Daily Star newspaper: ''I'm pleased to be working with Samia. She said to me when we found out about their romance that she's the black widow of the ladies. I think Luke will try and mend Maria's heart.''
Maria was left widowed when her husband Liam Connor was murdered by Tony Gordon. The cold-blooded killer then seduced Maria, but was killed in a factory fire.
The unlucky-in-love brunette also had a doomed fling with her gay best friend Marcus Dent - who cheated on her with Todd Grimshaw - and has recently been stalking her ex-boyfriend Tyrone Dobbs.
However, Maria will have to fight for Luke's attention since he is also set to catch Carla Barlow's eye in the wake of her discovering her husband Peter Barlow's affair with Tina McIntyre.
Dean explained: ''He's really flattered but it's also a bit of a challenge. He feels sorry for her because obviously he knows what she's been going through.''19-06-2014
- Lord Alan Sugar: Simon Cowell should shave beard off
- MasterChef's Gregg Wallace wants more kids
- Jennifer Metcalfe feels 'pressure' to look hot
- NTAs 2016 introduce new categories
- Gemma Atkinson wants baby before she's 32
- Stephanie Davis to join I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Charley Webb: Let Debbie Dingle go quietly
- Strictly Come Dancing's Aliona Vilani has bust-up with husband