Gary Lucy for Casualty guest role
Gary Lucy is to guest star on 'Casualty'.
The former 'EastEnders' hunk will take a lead role in a one-off special of the BBC One medical soap later this year.
According to RadioTimes.com, Gary will play ''a loveable rogue, born charmer and con man who exists very much on the wrong side of the tracks''.
The BBC is producing three 'Casualty' spin-off specials which will be independent from the show and make no reference to its ongoing storylines or characters.
Gary's episode - which will air in November - is expected to follow a murder mystery format.
A source said: ''It will be really stylish - we're thinking 'Casualty Noir'.''
Gary, 32, most recently played scheming real estate broker Danny Pennant in 'EastEnders' but departed the soap earlier this year.
He said at the time: ''I enjoyed my time there and it's been left open. I want to challenge myself and my character had no ties left, so in that respect it was the right time to go.''
The former 'Hollyoaks' and 'Footballers' Wives' star will be seen on stage soon in a new adaptation of 'The Full Monty'.03-07-2014
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood was 'too soft' last year
- Bobby Norris wishes Gemma Collins the best
- David Harewood to play next James Bond?
- EastEnders cast its first transgender character
- Bruce Forsyth hospitalised after fall
- The Great British Bake Off's Nadiya 'trained' children to lie
- Bertie Carvel worried about paint throwing after Doctor Foster finale
- Jamie Dornan to appear on Gogglebox