Gary Lucy for Casualty guest role
Gary Lucy is to guest star on 'Casualty'.
The former 'EastEnders' hunk will take a lead role in a one-off special of the BBC One medical soap later this year.
According to RadioTimes.com, Gary will play ''a loveable rogue, born charmer and con man who exists very much on the wrong side of the tracks''.
The BBC is producing three 'Casualty' spin-off specials which will be independent from the show and make no reference to its ongoing storylines or characters.
Gary's episode - which will air in November - is expected to follow a murder mystery format.
A source said: ''It will be really stylish - we're thinking 'Casualty Noir'.''
Gary, 32, most recently played scheming real estate broker Danny Pennant in 'EastEnders' but departed the soap earlier this year.
He said at the time: ''I enjoyed my time there and it's been left open. I want to challenge myself and my character had no ties left, so in that respect it was the right time to go.''
The former 'Hollyoaks' and 'Footballers' Wives' star will be seen on stage soon in a new adaptation of 'The Full Monty'.03-07-2014
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street
- Eddie Redmayne on Danish Girl's nude scenes
- 4th Impact teaching Cheryl Fernandez-Versini how to pose
- Matt Lucas and Greg Davies for Doctor Who Christmas special