Michelle Keegan hopes Rob Donovan will be punished
Michelle Keegan thinks Rob Donovan is going to get his comeuppance on 'Coronation Street'.
The 27-year-old actress bid an emotional farewell to the ITV soap last month when her character Tina McIntyre was murdered by Rob (Marc Baylis), who was furious that she was having an affair with his sister Carla's (Alison King) alcoholic husband Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne).
Viewers have seen Rob desperately trying to pin the blame on Peter in recent weeks, but Michelle believes he is eventually going to get the punishment he deserves.
Speaking at the Lipsy Love Michelle Keegan launch party at the Rosewood Hotel in London last night (02.06.14), she exclusively told BANG Showbiz: ''He'll have to eventually get [his just dessert]. I think people were very shocked it was Rob because it's a bit out of character for him. He does have a dark side to his character. I think Marc did really great.''
Michelle is already feeling nostalgic about her time in Weatherfield and finds it difficult not being on set with the 'Corrie' crew every day.
Asked what she misses the most about the programme, she replied: ''The people. It's a really cliché thing to say, but 'Corrie' was all about them - the cast and crew. It doesn't matter if you worked with them or not. No matter what age, everyone got along with each other. I miss the banter, I miss walking in and seeing people that I know from years back.''
The striking brunette also ruled out the possibility of filming a reality show with her husband-to-be, Mark Wright.
She quipped: ''I would never say never, but right now I'm just concentrating on acting.''
Michelle has created a 30-piece autumn/winter 2014 range for Lipsy inspired by her signature feminine style. The collection lands in stores and online at Lipsy.co.uk on July 3, with items priced between £28 and £85.03-07-2014
- Omid Djalili 'would never appear' on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Craig Revel Horwood thinks Scott Mills' Strictly Come Dancing days are numbered
- Sarah-Jane Crawford plays matchmaker on The X Factor
- Paul Hollywood tried to get Mary Berry arrested
- Rochelle and Marvin Humes haven't rowed since presenting This Morning
- Coronation Street mini-bus crash
- Louise Thompson wants to go on date with Eminem
- Simon Webbe wanted Blue competition on Strictly Come Dancing