ITV orders Real Housewives spin-off
ITV has ordered a British version of the 'Real Housewives'.
'The Real Housewives of Cheshire' will follow the glamorous champagne-fuelled lives of some of Britain's wealthiest housewives and is among the first programmes commissioned for ITV's new digital channel, ITVBe.
There are several iterations of 'Real Housewives' in the US set in cities including New York, New Jersey, Orange County and Beverly Hills.
The new channel - which will become the exclusive home of 'The Only Way is Essex' - will also air 'Seven Days With...', a new factual series that takes a peak into the everyday lives of a different famous couple in each episode. The stars will give viewers an insight into their relationship and family life away from the glitz and glamour of the red carpet.
Meanwhile, another new series, 'Baby Wears Prada', focuses on the boom of parents buying designer outfits for their little ones. The series follows one particular designer shop as well as the mums and dads who frequent it.
ITV's director of digital channels and acquisitions Angela Jain commented: ''These new British commissions are part of ITVBe's strategy to offer our viewers fun and interesting insights into real people and their lives and also take a peek into the world of some more extraordinary lives. ITVBe. completes our portfolio of channels which will offer viewer breadth and choice.''
ITVBe is expected to launch in the autumn.04-07-2014
- Jake Quickenden's 'inner beauty'
- Simon Cowell defends Nick Grimshaw hiring: 'No one knew who I was'
- The Voice don't want X Factor 'cast-offs'
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor