Vincent Ebrahim cast in Hollyoaks
Vincent Ebrahim has been cast as a villain in 'Hollyoaks'.
'The Kumars at No. 42' actor, famed for playing money-obsessed father Ashwin on the sitcom, has joined the Channel 4 soap as an antagonist called Big Bob.
The character will be introduced as gangster Trevor Royle's (Greg Wood) former inmate, who helped him out by protecting fellow prison dweller John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) when he was locked up for assaulting Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham).
But now corrupt Big Bob is back in town and wants to claim a favour from Trevor in return.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''Just when Trevor and Grace think they are getting their lives back on track, Big Bob arrives. He's trouble and has a hold over Trevor that will cause massive problems.''
Vincent, who is also known for his roles in 'Ideal', 'The Old Guys' and 'Meet the Magoons', is set to make his grand entrance in August.
The news comes after it was revealed 'Hollyoaks' was going to see another ''game-changing'' storyline in the form of Lindsey Butterfield falling pregnant.
The junior doctor, played by Sophie Austin, will discover she's expecting a baby later this month - but viewers will be left wondering if the father is her on/off boyfriend Joe Roscoe (Ayden Callaghan) or his brother Freddie (Charlie Clapham).04-07-2014
- Katie Derham pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing rehearsals
- Joey Essex claims he's found God
- Chris Eubank is 'on another planet'
- I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here babes fear their boobs will explode in the jungle
- Olly Murs and Caroline Flack's phone ban
- Sarah-Jane Crawford says Olly Murs needs to 'blag it' on X Factor
- Keith Chegwin: CBB mates have deserted me
- Nadia Sawalha gets driving refresher course