Downton stars worried about weight
The stars of 'Downton Abbey' have been told to watch their weight.
Show creator Julian Fellowes has admitted the array of sandwiches laid out for the cast and crew can be very tempting, but the show's stars have asked for catering to be cut back so they don't outgrow their costumes.
Julian's quoted by The Sun newspaper as saying: ''The feeling is there's not a better egg sandwich in England.
''But the cast have asked to cut down on supplies so they can't be tempted.
''Between takes and reshoots some actors were munching through a loaf's worth of sarnies.''
Actor Rob James-Collier, who plays cunning footman Thomas Barrow in the ITV period drama, added: ''The biggest challenge is keeping the weight off between scenes.''
'Downton Abbey' is currently filming its fifth series - to air later this year - and Julian recently revealed a sixth series is in the works.
He said: ''I would be amazed if there wasn't another series after [this one].
''I don't know yet if there is a season six ... it's not going to go on forever.''
'Downton' was among the shows to earn numerous Primetime Emmy Award nominations yesterday (10.07.14), including Best Drama Series.
Michelle Dockery, Dame Maggie Smith, Joanne Froggatt and Jim Carter all earned acting nominations also.11-07-2014
- Jason Derulo for The Voice UK?
- 'Dull' Ricky Rayment and Jasmin Walia axed from TOWIE
- Simon Cowell can bring British wrestling back to TV
- Coronation Street stars furious with pantomime ban?
- Casey Batchelor attempted suicide at 15
- Big Brother Reveals Shock Eviction Twist
- Dapper Laughs comic for Celebrity Big Brother
- Jake Wood quits EastEnders