Hollyoaks' Alex Fletcher worried about rape storyline
'Hollyoaks' star Alex Fletcher is worried about portraying her role in the Finn O'Connor rape storyline.
The actress's alter-ego Diane O'Connor is currently unaware that her son Finn (Keith Rice) sexually assaulted his teacher John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) and she admits she's concerned about how her character will react when the truth finally comes out.
Speaking to SoapSquawk.com, the 38-year-old star said: ''It's going to be tough because how do you begin to research how Diane would fell when all that comes out? ... Hopefully when all that comes out they will get someone in to help me like they did with James and Keith before the storyline started. I'm a bit scared of it because it's going to be massive when it finally all comes to a head and there's a lot of pressure because the storyline has been brilliant from the very start.''
The blonde beauty also believes the show's boss Bryan Kirkwood is responsible for putting the programme back in competition with other shows such as 'EastEnders', 'Coronation Street' and 'Emmerdale'.
she explained: ''Bryan is working so far in the future, which he has to because there's so much happening, he's secured his main families. He's built a show that's very family-based but everyone is interlinked in some way, which is brilliant ... There was a time when I first joined the show that it wasn't doing so well in the ratings, so to see it doing so well now and everyone's working so hard, it's brilliant. We've got it back to where it should be.''11-07-2014
- Amy Childs is dating Bournemouth footballer
- Robert Pattinson helped choose sister's X Factor songs
- Coronation Street's Kylie Platt's marriage heading for trouble
- Emily Rose rejects son casting in Haven
- Katie Price to star in new reality TV show
- Loose Women pay tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- The Simpsons kill off Krusty the Clown's dad
- Anne Kirkbride written out of Corrie for three months