Olly Murs: X Factor should find fresh stars
Olly Murs thinks 'The X Factor' needs to find fresh talent.
The 'Dear Darlin' singer - who was runner-up on the 2009 series - doesn't think bosses should try to replicate the success of past contestants and concentrate on finding new, talented singers.
His comments come after it emerged talent scouts had been issued a 'shopping list' to find contestants who resemble past acts such as Olly, Stacey Solomon, Cher Lloyd and Wagner.
Olly told The Sun newspaper: ''As long as they don't find another me, they can find whoever they want.''
The 30-year-old star also believes that the new series, which will see the return of Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole to the judging panel, needs to focus on the talent and not be all about the judges.
He explained: ''Mr X Factor is back, Mrs X Factor is back. I think it's going to be an amazing show.
''Mel B is going to bring the fire and Louis [Walsh], as always, is going to be the cheeky sort of Irish man in the corner having a good time.
''Most importantly, like I say every year, it's not about the quality of the judging panel, it's about the talent. I think Simon is not really bothered about what people say about the judging, he's more bothered about finding top talent.''11-07-2014
- Amanda Holden has Christmas spreadsheets
- Mark Wright 'shaken' by Bianca Miller's confidence
- Helen Flanagan is pregnant
- Mark Wright wins The Apprentice
- Ben Haenow claims Christmas number one spot
- Andrew Sachs joins EastEnders
- The Apprentice's Bianca Miller accused of stealing business idea
- Caroline Flack to quit presenting?