Amanda Barrie getting married
Amanda Barrie is getting married to her partner after almost decade together.
The 78-year-old 'Coronation Street' legend and crime writer Hilary Bonner, 65, have announced their engagement and joked they risked ''cutting it a bit fine'' if they waited any longer to tie the knot.
They told The Sun newspaper: ''As our combined ages will be 144 at the time of this cosmic event, we felt we might be cutting it a bit fine if we left it much longer.
''In any case, our dog was feeling insecure.''
Their wedding invitations joke that they are keen to take advantage of recent gay marriage laws and ''make it legal'' for the sake of their pet pub Coco, and they will have their big day at the Theatre Royal in London.
Amanda - who was previously married to late theatre director Robin Hunter - came out as bisexual in 2002.
Meanwhile, it was recently revealed she will appear in the next series of ITV sitcom 'Benidorm' next year, where she will be reunited with former 'Corrie' co-star Sherrie Hewson.
A source previously said: ''It's a thrill to have Amanda back on the box. She and Sherrie are a hoot together.''12-07-2014
- Big Brother's Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace makes face to face vote
- Josie Gibson dumped after shedding six stone
- Beverley Callard struggled with depression storyline
- JB Gill to present children's TV show
- Sir Bruce Forsyth's autobiography of photos
- Lauren Goodger wants to start a family with Jake McLean
- Ricky Rayment and Marnie Simpson are engaged
- Zawe Ashton: I want a housing estate named after me