Amanda Barrie getting married
Amanda Barrie is getting married to her partner after almost decade together.
The 78-year-old 'Coronation Street' legend and crime writer Hilary Bonner, 65, have announced their engagement and joked they risked ''cutting it a bit fine'' if they waited any longer to tie the knot.
They told The Sun newspaper: ''As our combined ages will be 144 at the time of this cosmic event, we felt we might be cutting it a bit fine if we left it much longer.
''In any case, our dog was feeling insecure.''
Their wedding invitations joke that they are keen to take advantage of recent gay marriage laws and ''make it legal'' for the sake of their pet pub Coco, and they will have their big day at the Theatre Royal in London.
Amanda - who was previously married to late theatre director Robin Hunter - came out as bisexual in 2002.
Meanwhile, it was recently revealed she will appear in the next series of ITV sitcom 'Benidorm' next year, where she will be reunited with former 'Corrie' co-star Sherrie Hewson.
A source previously said: ''It's a thrill to have Amanda back on the box. She and Sherrie are a hoot together.''12-07-2014
- Ricky Rayment 'leaves The Only Way Is Essex'
- Kym Marsh: 'Nothing has been resolved'
- Jamie Laing dating Louis Tomlinson's ex-girlfriend
- Two more acts in 'BGT' final
- Entity Allstars to dance to Britain's Got Talent theme tune
- Mark Charnock: Paula Tilbrook is a 'naughty rascal'
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks cancelled
- Cor Glanaethwy and Entity Allstars through to Britain's Got Talent final