Khali Best was suspended due to taxi driver assault
Khali Best was suspended from 'EastEnders' for attacking a taxi driver.
The 26-year-old star - who plays mechanic Dexter Hartman on the show - was given a three-month ban from the soap and it has now been reported it came after the assault in March.
Cab Peter Callow has opened up about the vicious attack which left him ''bleeding'' and broke his glasses.
He told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: ''I was absolutely dazed. I was bleeding. He gave me a black eye and broke my glasses.''
Khali accepted a police caution for common assault and criminal damage after the incident, which took place after the Television and Radio industries Club Awards.
Peter added: ''He looked like he was totally out of it for the whole journey. It took three quarters of an hour and the fare was £61 but he refused to pay me.
''He said he had no money and started phoning a few mates ... He asked me to take him to a cash machine. I told him if he had a card he could put it into the machine I had in the cab but he wasn't having any of it.
''He then said, 'No, no, no' and with that he started kicking the car door. I got round to stop him doing it and he managed to open the door and thumped me.''
A BBC spokesman confirmed: ''Khali Best was suspended for three months earlier this year.
''We will not be commenting any further on this matter.''13-07-2014
- EastEnders' Charlie Slater is to be killed off
- Sean Miley Moore: Olly and Caroline 'like brother and sister'
- Susannah Constantine voted off I'm A Celeb
- Anton Stephans backing Reggie 'N' Bollie to win The X Factor
- Georgia May Foote: Strictly Come Dancing partner like my brother
- Gaz Beadle: Vicky Pattison 'playing it safe'
- Coldplay confirmed for X Factor final
- Katie Derham pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing rehearsals