Mel B begs to avoid X Factor groups
Mel B has begged 'X Factor' bosses to not give her the 'group' category.
The former Spice Girls singer would reportedly feel under too much pressure to turn one of her acts into a new version of the iconic band and while producers have always decided which judge mentors which set of contestants, it is said they are willing to listen to her request.
A source told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: ''Never in the history of the show has a judge been able to dictate what category they are given.
''But Mel knows producers want to keep her happy so she thinks she might as well make demands.''
Her fellow judge Cheryl Cole is said to also be trying to help her chances of winning by asking for a certain category, and it has meant bosses are now considering giving each mentor an act from each set.
The insider added: ''This would completely change the show. As Simon [Cowell] is keen to do things differently this year, it's a real possibility. It would give the live shows a completely new dynamic.
''The general consensus is that the show looked stale and ratings dropped. But this would certainly refresh it ... It won't be long before a final decision will be made about the categories.
''The producers are keen to keep Mel and Cheryl happy so there's a good chance their demands will be met.''13-07-2014
- Doctor Who Christmas special inspired by comic strip
- Made In Chelsea's Lucy Watson wants Cowell for Christmas
- Ashley Banjo's cockroach phobia
- Brendan O'Carroll: Mrs. Brown's Boys isn't over
- The Apprentice star Solomon slams fellow contestants
- Gregg Wallace engaged to girlfriend
- Ryan Thomas missing his girlfriend?
- Katherine Dow Blyton killing Emmerdale 'magic'