24 could be back for another season
'24' could return for another season.
Peter Rice - CEO of FOX, which airs the hit show in the US - has suggested Kiefer Sutherland could reprise his famous role as Jack Bauer once again following the success of recent miniseries '24: Live Another Day'.
The counter-terrorism drama was revived after a four-year break as a 'limited event series' consisting of 12 episodes.
Talking at a Television Critics Association event on Sunday (20.07.14), Peter enthused: ''I loved this year's season of '24', I thought it was fantastic. I've always been a fan and it just twisted and turned, and I could never guess where it was going. We haven't had a specific conversation about it coming back yet. I'm sure that we will in the future.''
Peter went on to praise the cast and crew and expressed his belief that '24' still has ''many more stories to tell''.
He added: ''It's a wonderful franchise, Kiefer and Evan [Katz] and Howard [Gordon] and Manny [Coto] did a great job this year.
''So when you look at the show itself, it has many more stories to tell, but I think we have to sit down and talk to the creators about it.''
'24' originally aired from 2001 to 2010, earning numerous awards, but ended after eight seasons, each consisting of 24 action-packed episodes.
Kiefer and long-time co-star Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O'Brian) both returned for the 2014 revival which was filmed in London.21-07-2014
- Robert Sugden to return to Emmerdale
- Sir Bruce Forsyth: I wasn't the 'real Bruce' on Strictly Come Dancing
- James Jordan to get own reality show
- Gino D'Acampo to stand in for Holly Willoughby on Celebrity Juice
- Jim Rosenthal wants Plebs wrestler role
- Jordan Stephens: I was 's**tting myself' during acting debut
- Sheridan Smith shaves head for new role
- Laura Main: Boyfriend cries watching Call the Midwife