Collabro 'shocked' by 1D comparisons
Collabro are ''shocked'' by comparisons between them and One Direction.
The five-piece group - consisting of Michael Auger, Jamie Lambert, Matt Pagan, Richard Hadfield and Thomas Redgrave - are happy to be known as a boy band but were surprised to hear they were being likened to the 'Best Song Ever' band when they appeared on 'Britain's Got Talent'.
Michael said: ''I was actually shocked when everyone was comparing us to One Direction. I actually supported One Direction when they came third on 'The X Factor'.
''So it's quite cool to be known as a boy band, but obviously with the Il Divo twist that we're kind of putting forward as well. I think that's our style - musical theatre meets pop and a bit of opera as well.''
Collabro won 'BGT' in June despite being a band for just one month before auditioning for the show.
The group admit that they almost didn't try out for the ITV talent competition as they initially planned to go for cruise-liner auditions together.
Appearing on Richard Madeley's BBC Radio 2 show, Jamie explained: ''We were going to go for the cruise ships and more corporate stuff and then we thought, 'Why not?' Then a few days before the first audition we sang through 'Stars' and we thought we have to do ['Britain's Got Talent'].''22-07-2014
- Lucy Mecklenburgh dating Gethin Jones?
- Towie crew endure flight drama at Gatwick
- David Walliams doesn't want viewers to get sick of him
- Stephen Fry wasted time and money on drugs
- Lauren Goodger: Ricci Guarnaccio's not my type
- Craig Revel Horwood: X Factor judges 'desperate'
- X Factor contestant caught in lottery drama
- Donny Osmond to be guest judge on Strictly Come Dancing