Collabro 'shocked' by 1D comparisons
Collabro are ''shocked'' by comparisons between them and One Direction.
The five-piece group - consisting of Michael Auger, Jamie Lambert, Matt Pagan, Richard Hadfield and Thomas Redgrave - are happy to be known as a boy band but were surprised to hear they were being likened to the 'Best Song Ever' band when they appeared on 'Britain's Got Talent'.
Michael said: ''I was actually shocked when everyone was comparing us to One Direction. I actually supported One Direction when they came third on 'The X Factor'.
''So it's quite cool to be known as a boy band, but obviously with the Il Divo twist that we're kind of putting forward as well. I think that's our style - musical theatre meets pop and a bit of opera as well.''
Collabro won 'BGT' in June despite being a band for just one month before auditioning for the show.
The group admit that they almost didn't try out for the ITV talent competition as they initially planned to go for cruise-liner auditions together.
Appearing on Richard Madeley's BBC Radio 2 show, Jamie explained: ''We were going to go for the cruise ships and more corporate stuff and then we thought, 'Why not?' Then a few days before the first audition we sang through 'Stars' and we thought we have to do ['Britain's Got Talent'].''22-07-2014
- Steve Backshall wanted Anton du Beke as Strictly Come Dancing partner
- Kendra Wilkinson brands Edwina Currie a 'heartless ass politician'
- Jake Wood is missing his kids
- Simon Cowell to quit X Factor?
- Charlie Higson writing Jekyll and Hyde drama
- Michelle Gomez: Doctor Who has got me free food
- John Altman releasing Christmas single
- Gino D'Acampo doubts Celebrity Juice return