Michael Le Vell signs up for Celebrity Big Brother
Michael Le Vell has signed up for 'Celebrity Big Brother'.
The troubled 'Coronation Street' actor - who plays mechanic Kevin Webster - is reportedly in ''advanced talks'' to appear on the next series of the Channel 5 reality show in August.
Michael, 49, was cleared of sex offences in court last year after a long, emotional trial which took a toll on him. Earlier this year, the soap star admitted to abusing cocaine and alcohol during the court case and entered rehab in March.
'CBB' bosses were hoping to land both Michael and his 82-year-old co-star William Roache, who was cleared of historic sex offences last year, but the 'Corrie' legend declined the offer.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: ''They wanted a double-whammy of Le Vell and Roach. Bill was their main target but Le Vell is now a man transformed.''
Michael recently said he looked forward to returning to 'Corrie' after taking a break to seek treatment in the aftermath of his cocaine admission.
He wrote on Facebook: ''I'm so looking forward to getting back to the job I love and all the people there who are like my second family, I love them all.''22-07-2014
- Dermot O'Leary won't return to The X Factor
- Stacey Solomon: Steve-O is a 'big kid'
- Jeremy Clarkson won't face charges after attacking Top Gear producer
- James 'Arg' Argent's 'whole lifestyle' has changed
- Lydia Bright wants to do I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Hugh Bonneville: Downton Abbey finale will be 'extraordinary experience'
- Jeremy Clarkson: Don't blame producer for my sacking
- Joey Essex to quiz UK politicians