The Simpsons to kill off Krusty the Clown?
'The Simpsons' could kill off beloved character Krusty the Clown.
Showrunner Al Jean has dropped some strong hints that Springfield's resident comic will be the unlucky character to meet their maker in the new series of the animated sitcom.
The Hollywood Reporter quotes Jean as saying: ''[The episode] is called 'A Clown in the Dumps'.'' The news apparently prompted gasps from those in attendance at a Television Critics Association event on Sunday (20.07.14).
Al also reasserted his previous claims that the character is played by an actor who's received an Emmy Award for their work on the show.
He added that the identity of the character is ''obvious''.
Al said: ''It turned out bigger than we thought it was going to be. It's not going to be this blood bath where they all get murdered.''
Krusty is voiced by Dan Castellaneta, who also voices Homer Simpson, and has earned numerous accolades - including four Emmy Awards - for his voice work on the show.
The actor also voices Grampa Simpson, Barney Gumble, Groundskeeper Willie and Mayor Quimby.22-07-2014
- Melanie Sykes' ex slams star for violent past
- Kendra fears snake death
- Only The Young eliminated on The X Factor
- 'I'm A Celebrity' star Edwina Currie is 'one tough lady'
- Claudia Winkleman: 'Bear with me' for Strictly Come Dancing return
- I'm A Celebrity's Kendra Wilkinson fails cockroach trial
- X Factor double elimination
- Fleur East feels pressure to pick the right songs