Doctor Who premiere to screen in cinemas
'Doctor Who' is to screen in cinemas across the UK and Ireland next month.
Fans will have the chance to watch the first episode of the new series 'Deep Breath' - which sees the eagerly-anticipated arrival of Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor - on the big screen as it will be broadcast across the nation in select cinemas on August 23.
The episode will be screened at the same time it airs on BBC One following the theatrical success of last year's 50th anniversary special 'The Day of the Doctor', which was shown on the big screen in 1500 cinemas around the world.
Stephen Davies, BBC Worldwide's Director of Live Events, commented: ''Following the tremendous success of the 50th anniversary screenings, this is another wonderful opportunities for fans to get together to celebrate another major milestone and enjoy the amazing opening episode of the Peter Capaldi era on the big screen.''
The exciting series premiere will mark Peter's first episode as the Time Lord after taking over from Matt Smith in the 2013 Christmas special.
Jenna Coleman, who plays Clara Oswald, will continue to assist the Doctor.
Cinema tickets for 'Deep Breath' go on sale today (01.08.14). For participating locations and tickets visit www.doctorwho.tv/watch/cinema.01-08-2014
- Coronation Street: Tisha Merry wants to educate on revenge porn
- Prince Andrew's ex-girlfriend to join Celebrity Big Brother?
- Stephanie Davis for Celebrity Big Brother?
- Benedict Cumberbatch had Victorian Sherlock doubts
- Sir Michael Caine's age almost made him quit acting
- Lady Colin Campbell plots revenge
- Ant and Dec starstruck by Kieron Dyer
- Tina O'Brien doesn't let daughter watch Coronation Street