Helen Flanagan quits Twitter
Helen Flanagan has quit Twitter.
The 23-year-old star usually enjoys keeping her 500,000 followers updated with the latest goings-on in her life on a daily basis, but she has stopped tweeting on the social networking site for good after being inundated with spiteful messages from trolls.
Her spokesperson told the Daily Star newspaper: ''People were being really nasty about her.''
The former 'Coronation Street' star - who is dating footballer Scott Sinclair - hasn't tweeted since July 22 when she wrote: ''I am a vampire''.
Helen has sent more than 10,000 tweets on the social networking site and amassed a large following, while she follows 1,464 people herself.
But she has stirred up some controversy while using the social media platform in the past, such as in March 2013 when she posted a picture of herself wearing a T-shirt in support of animal charity PETA shortly after posting images of her carrying leather bags.
In response to the criticism, she wrote: ''I'm sorry but this is ridiculous leave me alone! I've done something for charity - exotic animals are killed in a cruel way for there skins, leather is not! Stop picking on me. Enough. (sic)''
And in 2012, Helen posted a picture of herself pointing a gun to her head just hours after the Sandy Hook shootings in the US.
She later went on ITV's Daybreak to apologise for sharing the picture and broke down in tears while admitting it was the ''stupidest thing'' she's ever done.
Helen is also a keen Instagram user but she hasn't uploaded a picture on the photo-sharing website since July 21.01-08-2014
- Peter Capaldi: New series of Doctor Who has epic sweep
- Michelle Keegan 'fantastic' in first film role
- Sinitta ready to The Voice if Simon axes her from X Factor
- James Jordan and Jasmine Lennard check out of Big Brother Hotel
- Simon Cowell wants Olly and Caroline to create se-X Factor
- Nick Grimshaw gets X Factor offer from Jessie Ware
- Gemma Collins: I don't 'believe in therapy'
- Steven Moffat: Doctor Who criticism gets me down