Taylor Lautner: Cuckoo was a risk
Taylor Lautner says taking a role in 'Cuckoo' was a ''big risk''.
The 'Twilight' star is currently starring alongside 'The Inbetweeners' comedian Greg Davies in the second series of the BBC Three show and he's admitted he was worried about joining the cast of the comedy.
The actor explained: ''I wasn't confident at all. I'd only done cameos in comedy films before and I hosted 'Saturday Night Live', but this was my first fully fledged comedy, so it was a big risk for me. But I'm so glad I did it.''
The heartthrob also revealed the reasoning behind him agreeing to appear in the show which previously starred 'Brooklyn Nine Nine' actor Andy Samberg in the first series.
He said: ''Well, I hadn't seen the show originally, but the producers reached out and said they'd love for me to look at it and see if I was interested.
''So I watched the first series and loved it from beginning to end. I knew it would be something completely different for me, and that was the biggest thing that attracted me to it.
''I haven't done anything like this before. I thought it would be a lot of fun and that's exactly how it turned out.''
Taylor also spoke about his character and described him as being ''like a little puppy dog in many ways''.
He told heat magazine: ''He's very sweet and naïve, but also very loyal to this new family he's ended up living with.''01-08-2014
- Amy Childs is dating Bournemouth footballer
- Robert Pattinson helped choose sister's X Factor songs
- Coronation Street's Kylie Platt's marriage heading for trouble
- Emily Rose rejects son casting in Haven
- Katie Price to star in new reality TV show
- Loose Women pay tribute to Lynda Bellingham
- The Simpsons kill off Krusty the Clown's dad
- Anne Kirkbride written out of Corrie for three months