X Factor spends 1m on advert
'The X Factor' judges have filmed a 'Game of Thrones'-themed advert.
Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole - who is expected to use her new married name Cheryl Fernandez-Versini on the show - Mel B and Louis Walsh - were joined by hundreds of extras at Pinewood Studios shooting the £1 million trailer, the most expensive in the show's history.
The short film - which took a week to film - sees the quartet lead singing warrior armies into war as they prepare to do battle to take the 'X Factor' throne, echoing the fantasy drama which sees warring families competing to take control of the seven kingdoms
The advert, which was helmed by One Direction music video director Ben Winston, also made extensive use of green screen and CGI technology.
Mel B shouts: ''Things are about to get loud.''
Cheryl winks and orders her 'army' to charge, while Simon warns: ''It's time to get down to business.''
The new advert will air for the first time on ITV tonight (01.08.14).
Meanwhile, Cheryl was reportedly left ''unimpressed'' by Louis at the Wembley auditions yesterday (31.07.14) after he told her he ''didn't know'' how to pronounce her new surname.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It was a frosty moment, Cheryl wasn't impressed.''01-08-2014
- Anthea Turner is dating again
- Scott Saunders quits Apprentice
- Louis Walsh doesn't see 'the point' in 4th Impact
- Simon Cowell's new X Factor role
- Peter Andre fighting for Strictly place
- Lauren Goodger to return to The Only Way is Essex's Christmas special
- Strictly Come Dancing slapped with more fix rumours
- EastEnders' Charlie Slater is to be killed off