X Factor spends 1m on advert
'The X Factor' judges have filmed a 'Game of Thrones'-themed advert.
Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole - who is expected to use her new married name Cheryl Fernandez-Versini on the show - Mel B and Louis Walsh - were joined by hundreds of extras at Pinewood Studios shooting the £1 million trailer, the most expensive in the show's history.
The short film - which took a week to film - sees the quartet lead singing warrior armies into war as they prepare to do battle to take the 'X Factor' throne, echoing the fantasy drama which sees warring families competing to take control of the seven kingdoms
The advert, which was helmed by One Direction music video director Ben Winston, also made extensive use of green screen and CGI technology.
Mel B shouts: ''Things are about to get loud.''
Cheryl winks and orders her 'army' to charge, while Simon warns: ''It's time to get down to business.''
The new advert will air for the first time on ITV tonight (01.08.14).
Meanwhile, Cheryl was reportedly left ''unimpressed'' by Louis at the Wembley auditions yesterday (31.07.14) after he told her he ''didn't know'' how to pronounce her new surname.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It was a frosty moment, Cheryl wasn't impressed.''01-08-2014
- Mel B's manager rubbishes claim she was axed because of her husband
- Farrah Abraham and James Hill sign up for Celebrity Big Brother
- Kym Marsh trolled on Twitter over son's death
- Jodie Kidd: Sue Perkins was treated 'horrifically'
- EastEnders leads soap award nominations
- Gemma Collins set for Celebrity Big Brother
- Joey Essex finds love again
- Denise Welch: Celebrity Big Brother wasn't my 'finest hour'