John Partridge loses four stone in two years
John Partridge has lost four stone since he left 'EastEnders' two years ago.
The 42 year old actor, who played Christian Clarke in the BBC One soap, shrunk from 211lbs to 176lbs due to the stress of seeing his mother develop Alzheimer's.
He said: ''As I'm my mother's primary carer, I haven't had time to sit down and relax. It's been like having a baby.
The hunky star left the show in 201and made a brief comeback in April for funeral of Lucy Beale (Hetti Bywater), but has no plans to return full time.
He added: ''It's [caring for my mother is] also one of the reasons why I won't be returning to 'EastEnders.'
However, John has signed up to appear in the upcoming celebrity gymnastics show 'Tumble', which has also helped him get back into shape.
He explained: ''My whole physique has changed again since training for the show started. It gives me great pleasure to know that on a Saturday night my mum will be able to switch on the TV and see me. She's my number one fan and I'm her number one boy.''
'Tumble' kicks off tonight (09.08.14) on BBC One at 6:30pm.09-08-2014
- Louise Hazel 'reeling' from The Jump defeat
- Julian Fellowes on the end of 'Downton Abbey'
- Suzanne Shaw is pregnant
- Rylan Clark asks Gok Wan to be stylist for his wedding
- Sam Faiers dating property developer
- Dan Osborne's ex-girlfriend denies leaking tape
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief
- Michelle Collins wants EastEnders return