Madonna to perform on X Factor?
X Factor bosses are ''hopeful'' that Madonna will perform on this year's live shows.
The 55-year-old singer is currently considering an offer by the talent show that would see her appear on one of the final shows to promote her new album.
An X Factor source told 'The Sun' newspaper: ''It's looking very hopeful Madonna will perform, possibly in November on one of the live shows.
''There are a lot of big names releasing music at that time, but she's absolutely the number one name we are trying to secure.
''She needs her next album to be a success in the UK and a performance on ITV in front of 12 million people would be the best platform.''
The show's wishlist includes other big name stars like Rihanna, U2 and Adele as well as former judge Gary Barlow alongside Take That.
Returning judge Cheryl Fernandez-Versini is also tipped to perform on the show.
Meanwhile, an insider has also revealed that Tulisa Contostavlos is to appear on the new series.
Simon Cowell has reportedly invited the 26-year-old back to help Louis Walsh at the judges' houses stage.
An insider said: ''This is a massive deal for Tulisa.
''She is determined to get her career back on track and having Simon's support means a lot.''09-08-2014
- The Apprentice winner Mark Wright wants role as Lord Sugar's new sidekick
- Sarah-Jane Crawford to holiday with Simon Cowell
- Call The Midwife nuns are atheists
- Amanda Holden has Christmas spreadsheets
- Mark Wright 'shaken' by Bianca Miller's confidence
- Helen Flanagan is pregnant
- Mark Wright wins The Apprentice
- Ben Haenow claims Christmas number one spot