Susanna Reid's breast cancer scare
Susanna Reid had a breast cancer scare.
The 43-year-old television presenter - who currently hosts 'Good Morning Britain' - has revealed she feared the worst after finding a lump on her breast.
In an article for 'The Sun' newspaper, she wrote: ''I realised there was a bump there that I hadn't felt before. I was shocked - and scared.
''It was a lump which could turn out to be the thing I was most frightened of. I thought to myself: 'For the sake of my boys please don't let it be cancer.'''
Susanna - who has three sons, Finn, Jack and Sam with her ex-partner Dominic Cotton - admitted she was nervous about the lump being checked out.
She explained: ''The fear of cancer can be so great that there can be a temptation to put off going to the doctor, just so you don't have to face the tests - or a diagnosis.
''But I knew seeing a doctor as soon as possible was the only way to know what I was facing.''
The former 'Strictly Come Dancing' contestant - who received the all clear after a number of tests - described her relief at being told it was a cyst.
Susanna said: ''Another ultrasound confirmed what the doctor initially suspected. My lump was a harmless cyst that could be treated immediately.
''As I left hospital, the consultant said: 'I want you to know you have nothing at all to be concerned about.'
''Those are the words you want to hear - and they still ring happily in my ears.''09-08-2014
- Only The Young eliminated on The X Factor
- 'I'm A Celebrity' star Edwina Currie is 'one tough lady'
- Claudia Winkleman: 'Bear with me' for Strictly Come Dancing return
- I'm A Celebrity's Kendra Wilkinson fails cockroach trial
- X Factor double elimination
- Fleur East feels pressure to pick the right songs
- Lisa Faulkner would 'hate' Come Dine With Me
- Barbara Windsor for EastEnders return?