Susanna Reid's breast cancer scare
Susanna Reid had a breast cancer scare.
The 43-year-old television presenter - who currently hosts 'Good Morning Britain' - has revealed she feared the worst after finding a lump on her breast.
In an article for 'The Sun' newspaper, she wrote: ''I realised there was a bump there that I hadn't felt before. I was shocked - and scared.
''It was a lump which could turn out to be the thing I was most frightened of. I thought to myself: 'For the sake of my boys please don't let it be cancer.'''
Susanna - who has three sons, Finn, Jack and Sam with her ex-partner Dominic Cotton - admitted she was nervous about the lump being checked out.
She explained: ''The fear of cancer can be so great that there can be a temptation to put off going to the doctor, just so you don't have to face the tests - or a diagnosis.
''But I knew seeing a doctor as soon as possible was the only way to know what I was facing.''
The former 'Strictly Come Dancing' contestant - who received the all clear after a number of tests - described her relief at being told it was a cyst.
Susanna said: ''Another ultrasound confirmed what the doctor initially suspected. My lump was a harmless cyst that could be treated immediately.
''As I left hospital, the consultant said: 'I want you to know you have nothing at all to be concerned about.'
''Those are the words you want to hear - and they still ring happily in my ears.''09-08-2014
- Noel Edmonds begs stalker to leave him alone
- EastEnders' Diane Parish to celebrate 10 years on soap with bottle of booze
- Ferne McCann's Vampire facial
- Rita Ora sparks The X Factor and The Voice bidding war
- Emmerdale's Adam Fielding quits Emmerdale
- James Norton returns to West End after four years
- Linford Christie quits The Jump
- Mario Falcone wants kids and marriage