George R. R. Martin backs Game of Thrones movie
George R. R. Martin thinks it would be great if 'Game of Thrones' was to end with a movie.
The 65-year-old author wrote the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' novel series which the hit HBO show is based upon and he has given his blessing to the conclusion to of the story happening on the big screen, even though he has not finished writing the books.
He told The Independent Magazine: ''If we go seven or eight seasons and then the show is still big enough that we can get the $200 million to finance a huge epic movie to end it ... sure!''
However, he isn't interested in any prospective movie being shot in 3D as he is not a fan of the technology.
Martin added: ''I don't care about 3D - it gives me a headache.''
Martin also admitted he is sometimes frustrated that budget restrictions of $6 million per episode mean some TV episodes cannot recreate what he put in words in his books - something that is particularly true when it comes to shooting battles.
The writer - who acts as co-executive producer on 'Game of Thrones' - said: ''We still run into budgetary problems. We've done a couple of great battles, for example, the Black Water battle in season two that I scripted and in this past season, episode nine was one long battle - the Battle of the Wall.
''Those have been great episodes, but we've also had to skip half the battles. Instead we have a messenger run on from off stage and say, 'We've won the battle!' Battles are very expensive.''
'Game of Thrones first aired in 2011 and has run for four seasons so far. Main stars include Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner and Iain Glen.11-08-2014
- Lindsay Booth would have quit The Apprentice if she hadn't been fired
- Simon Cowell called Mel B 'average'
- Phillip Schofield to broadcast for 24 hours
- Andy Jordan announces tour
- Wendi Peters worries people will be 'disappointed' by Coronation Street return
- Mel Giedroyc to host Relatively Clever
- Lynda Bellingham's Christmas plans left unfulfilled
- The Only Way Is Essex stars for I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!