Jake Wood signs up for Strictly Come Dancing
Jake Wood has signed up for 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 'EastEnders' actor - who plays Max Branning in the BBC One soap - is being tipped for success on the ballroom show by literally following in the impressive footsteps of other Albert Square favourites to have competed on the programme, such as Scott Maslen (Jack Branning) and Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher).
An insider told The Sun newspaper: '''EastEnders' stars have traditionally done well on Strictly and Jake hopes he can do the same.
''Bosses hope he'll be a favourite among female viewers, particularly since his soap character is such a hit with the ladies.''
Jake will have no doubt got some advice from his former on-screen brother Scott as they are still good friends and were recently spotted out and about in London together.
The 42-year-old star is set to be joined by The Saturdays singer Frankie Sandford, tennis star Andy Murray's mother Judy and 'This Morning' host Alison Hammond after all three were confirmed for this year's lineup.
Judy recently said: ''I'm a huge 'Strictly Come Dancing' fan but a total armchair dancer. It's going to be a big challenge for me and for whoever has to dance with me but I absolutely can't wait to get started!''20-08-2014
- Jacqueline Jossa and Dan Osborne aren't inviting co-stars to wedding
- Top Gear returning to BBC on May 8 2016
- I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! stars warned about snakes
- will.i.am misses Sir Tom Jones on The Voice
- Peter Capaldi doesn't want K-9 to return to Doctor Who
- X Factor's Louisa Johnson struck by 'nasty' virus
- Harry Judd 'nervous' about Strictly Come Dancing return
- Keith Chegwin happy about chocolate allergy